The Temprees, “American Idol’s” Lil Rounds and Alexis Grace, and “The Voice” finalist Kris Thomas will perform at the 43rd UNCF Gala Concert to benefit The LeMoyne-Owen College.
The concert will be Aug. 24. It will be a highlight in the 2013 Hank Aaron Celebrity Sports Weekend Aug. 19, 23-24. Other key events include a Sunset 5K and a sports breakfast with NBA veteran Elliot Perry, sportscaster and former University of Memphis basketball star.
One of Memphis’ most anticipated sporting events, the Hank Aaron Celebrity Sports Weekend draws more than 3,000 Memphians and visitors to walk, run, golf, mingle with sports celebrities, and party with a purpose. Proceeds benefit UNCF and The LeMoyne-Owen College – both dedicated to helping young men and women overcome financial obstacles to college.
Celebrity Sports Golf Tournament
- Monday, Aug. 19, 8 a.m. shotgun start
- Spring Creek Ranch Golf Resort, 149 Chinquapin Drive, Collierville
- Continental breakfast and lunch are included. Fees are $1,200 per team; $325 for individual players.
News Channel 3 Sunset 5K Run/Walk
- Sponsored by BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee on Friday, Aug. 23 at 7 p.m.
- The LeMoyne-Owen College, 807 Walker Avenue.
- Contestants can register online at www.loc.edu or by Thursday, Aug. 22.
- Race day registration begins at 4 p.m.
- Fee is $20 per person through Aug. 22. Race day fee is $25 per person.
Celebrity Sports Breakfast hosted by former NBA player Elliot Perry
- Sponsored by Cummins, Inc. on Saturday, Aug. 24, 9 a.m.
- Location: The LeMoyne-Owen College, 807 Walker Ave., in C. Arthur Bruce Hall/Jerry C. Johnson Gymnasium
- Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for children.
43rd annual UNCF Black Tie Gala/ Concert featuring The Temprees
- Sponsored by Valero on Saturday, Aug. 24th, 7 p.m. at Germantown Performing Arts Center, 1801 Exeter Rd., in Germantown.
- Tickets are $50 per person and are available online at www.loc.edu/hacsw/.
(For more information, call 901-435-1527.)