Flintco will be accepting bids on the Phase II Renovations for the National Civil Rights Museum on Friday, August 17, 2012 by 11:00 a.m. Flintco is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the Fair Business Program, we encourage and invite bids from all Eligible Business Enterprises, including WBE, MBE, SDB, SBE, and HBE companies. Fax bids by 11:00 a.m. on bid day to 901-372-8989.
LEGAL NOTICE TO BIDDERS
Sealed bids will be received at the Office of the City of Memphis Purchasing Agent, Room 354, City Hall, 125 N. Main, Memphis, TN 38103, until 2:00 PM CT, Friday, AUGUST 31, 2012 , for furnishing the City of Memphis with the following:
FOR THE DIVISION OF: PUBLIC WORKS City of Memphis RFQ # 3145
FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF: PW 04081 STP Curb Ramps Group 43 Bid Set 2
Federal Project No.: STP – M – 9409 (163) State PIN: 114576.01 Bid Set 2
Location(s): Various Locations City Wide State Project No: 79LPLM - F3 - 249
1. The Prime Contractor and all Sub Contractors must pre-qualify with the Department of Transportation in accordance with Section 54-5-117 of the "Tennessee Code Annotated" and Tennessee Department of Transportation Rule 1680-5-3 prequalification of contractors before biddable proposals will be furnished.
2. The City of Memphis hereby notifies all bidders that a 18.15% Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) goal has been set for this project and must be met or exceeded. All contractors identified as a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) must be on the Tennessee Uniform Certification Program (TNUCP) List at the time of the bid opening.
3. The City of Memphis hereby notifies all bidders that it will affirmatively insure that in any contract entered into pursuant to this advertisement, disadvantaged business enterprises will be afforded full opportunity to submit bids in response to this invitation, and will not be discriminated against on the grounds of age, race, color, religion, national origin, sex or disability in consideration for an award.
4. The City of Memphis is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer, drug-free with policies of non-discrimination on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or military service. For additional information contact Carlee McCullough, (901) 576-6210, City of Memphis, Contract Compliance Office, 125 N. Main St, Memphis, TN 38103
5. "Certification by each bidder must be made with respect to nondiscrimination in employment."
6. A Bid Bond is required.
7. All bids must include, on the outside of the bid envelope, the name of the project, the bid due date and the bid opening time.
Plans, Specifications and attendant deposit information available, until the time set for opening bids, from: Janet Prejean, (901) 636-2462, City of Memphis, Construction Inspections, 2599 Avery Avenue, Memphis, TN 38112.
Award of contracts will be made on the basis of the lowest and best bids as determined by the City of Memphis. "Best Bid" shall be defined as the responsive quotation, that meets the contract documents, including, if applicable, any DBE Participation Goal as set out in this specification.
THE RIGHT TO REJECT ANY AND ALL BIDS IS RESERVED
Notice of intent of award will be issued after review of all opened bids. Any protest of award must be filed in writing with the Purchasing Agent within ten calendar days of the intent of award announcement.
By Order of the Mayor of the City of Memphis, Tennessee.
A C WHARTON, JR., MAYOR
CITY PURCHASING AGENT
NOTICE OF SUNSET PUBLIC HEARING
In accordance with Title 4, Chapter 29, Tennessee Code Annotated, the Government Operations Committees of the Tennessee General Assembly will conduct a public hearing to receive testimony on whether the entities listed below should be continued, restructured, or terminated. The hearing will be held in the Legislative Plaza, Nashville, Tennessee, as indicated below. Pertinent public testimony is invited.
Tuesday, August 21, 2012, at 9:00 a.m., in Room 12
Department of Financial Institutions
Tennessee Regulatory Authority
Department of Tourist Development
Soil Scientist Advisory Committee
Tuesday, August 21, 2012, at 1:30 p.m., in Room 12
University of Tennessee, Board of Trustees
Health Services and Development Agency
THE MEMPHIS URBAN AREA
METROPOLITAN PLANNING ORGANIZATION
In compliance with federal regulations 23 CFR 450, the Memphis Urban Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) is proposing to amend the 2040 Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP), the FY 2011-2014 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP), and adopt the FY 2013-2014 Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP).
The public is hereby given notice that these documents are available for review 8:00 AM until 4:30 PM Monday through Friday in the offices of the Memphis and Shelby County Department of Regional Services located at 125 N. Main Street, Room 450, Memphis, TN 38103 or for download from the Internet at: www. memphismpo.org. The English and Spanish language copies are also available for public review in the library systems of Memphis, Shelby County, and Fayette County, Tennessee and DeSoto County, Mississippi. Written public comments on the amendments will be accepted through Thursday, August 16, 2012. Comments may be submitted to Pragati Srivastava, Department of Regional Services, 125 N. Main Street, Room 450, Memphis, TN 38134 or via email at Pragati.Srivastava @memphistn.gov. The Memphis MPO Transportation Policy Board (TPB) will hold a public hearing on Thursday, August 23, 2012, 1:30 PM, at Central Station, MATA Board Room, 545 S. Main Street, Memphis, Tennessee, 38103 to accept oral comments and take action on the proposed items.
The proposed action items are as follows:
Adoption of the FY 2013-2014 Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP):
This item is requesting the adoption of the Memphis MPO FY 2013-2014 Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP).
Amendments to the 2040 Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP):
A total of one (1) amendment is being proposed for the 2040 Long Range Transportation Plan.
Amendments to the FY 2011-14 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP):
A total of four (4) amendments are being proposed for the FY 2011-2014 Transportation Improvement Program. The first amendment is associated with the LRTP Amendment described above. The second and third TIP amendments are for projects that qualify as being exempt from transportation conformity determination. The fourth and final TIP amendment has been prepared in conjunction with Air Quality Conformity Report, Amendment 7.
It is the policy of the Memphis Urban Area MPO not to discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, national origin or disability in its hiring or employment practices, or in its admissions to or operations of its program, services, or activities. All inquiries for Title VI and/or the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), or for persons with disabilities that require aids or services to participate either in the review of these documents or at the hearing may contact Carlos McCloud at 901-576-7156, fax (901) 576-7272; or email Carlos.McCloud @memphistn.gov to make accessibility arrangements no less than five days prior to the August 23, 2012 Transportation Policy Board meeting.
This public notice has been prepared in cooperation with the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration, and the Tennessee and Mississippi Departments of Transportation. This notice is also being funded (in part) under an agreement with the State of Tennessee, Department of Transportation, and the State of Mississippi, Department of Transportation.