NOTICE TO PUBLIC
The following person(s) has asked the city of Memphis Alcohol Commission for
permission to sell beer for ON premise consumption.
Applicant: Red Velvet, LLC
DBAThe Corked Carrot
Location: 314 S. Main
Anyone desiring to circulate a petition FOR or AGAINST said establishment selling
BEER at this location must secure the petition blanks for the undersigned
Commission at 2714 Union Avenue Extended 1st Floor.
Must be filed no later than Tuesday, May 14, 2013
Eugene Bryan, Member Sherman Greer, Member; Erma Hayslett, Member; Jared Johnson, Member; Martavius Jones, Member; Billy Post, Member; Johnsie Wallace, Member; Wayne West, Member;Chase, Barry, Member;Aubrey J. Howard, Executive Secretary City of Memphis Alcohol Commission
LEGAL NOTICE TO BIDDERS
Sealed bids will be received at the Office of the City of Memphis Purchasing Agent, Room 354, City Hall, 125 N. Main, Memphis, TN 38103, June 7th, 2013 until 2:00 pm, for furnishing the City of Memphis with the following:
FOR THE DIVISION OF: PUBLIC WORKS
FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF: PW 04029 Central Avenue from Patterson to Zach Curlin
Federal Project No.: STP-EN-9409(74)
State PIN: 041796.00
Central Avenue from Patterson Street to Zach Curlin Street in Memphis, Shelby County
1. The Prime Contractor and all Sub Contractors must prequalify with the Department of Transportation in accordance with Section 54-5-117 of the "Tennessee Code Annotated" and Tennessee Department of Transportation Rule 1680-5-3 prequalification of contractors before biddable proposals will be furnished.
2. The City of Memphis hereby notifies all bidders that a 25% Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) goal has been set for this project and must be met or exceeded. All contractors identified as a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) must be on the Tennessee Uniform Certification Program (TNUCP) List at the time of the bid opening.
3. The City of Memphis hereby notifies all bidders that it will affirmatively insure that in any contract entered into pursuant to this advertisement, disadvantaged business enterprises will be afforded full opportunity to submit bids in response to this invitation, and will not be discriminated against on the grounds of age, race, color, religion, national origin, sex or disability in consideration for an award.
4. The City of Memphis is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer, drug-free with policies of non-discrimination on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or military service. For additional information contact Mary Bright, (901) 576-6545, City of Memphis, Contract Compliance Office, 125 N. Main St, Memphis, TN 38103
5. "Certification by each bidder must be made with respect to nondiscrimination in employment."
6. A Bid Bond is required.
7. All bids must include, on the outside of the bid envelope, the name of the project, the bid due date and the bid opening time.
Plans, Specifications and attendant deposit information available, until the time set for opening bids, from: Janet Prejean, (901) 636-2462, City of Memphis, Construction Inspections, 2599 Avery Avenue, Memphis, TN 38112.
Award of contracts will be made on the basis of the lowest and best bids as determined by the City of Memphis. "Best Bid" shall be defined as the responsive quotation, that meets the contract documents, including, if applicable, any DBE Participation Goal as set out in this specification.
THE RIGHT TO REJECT ANY AND ALL BIDS IS RESERVED
Notice of intent of award will be issued after review of all opened bids. Any protest of award must be filed in writing with the Purchasing Agent within ten calendar days of the intent of award announcement.
By Order of the Mayor of the City of Memphis, Tennessee.
A C WHARTON, JR., MAYOR
JEROME SMITH, CITY PURCHASING AGENT
NOTICE OF SUNSET PUBLIC HEARING
In accordance with Title 4, Chapter 29, Tennessee Code Annotated, the Government Operations Committees of the Tennessee General Assembly will conduct a public hearing to receive testimony on whether the entity listed below should be continued, restructured, or terminated. The hearing will be held in the Legislative Plaza, Nashville, Tennessee, as indicated below. Pertinent public testimony is invited.
Tuesday, May 21, 2013, at 1:00 p.m., in Room 12
Tennessee Dairy Promotion Committee
Pest Control Board
Pest Control Compact
Soybean Promotion Board
Tobacco Farmers Certifying Board
Water and Wastewater Financing Board
Four Lake Industrial Regional Development Authority
Sam Davis Memorial Association, Board of Trustees
Wednesday, May 22, 2013, at 8:30 a.m., in Room 16
Interstate Mining Compact
Board for Water Quality, Oil and Gas
Underground Storage Tank and Solid Waste Disposal Control Board
Tennessee Athletic Commission
State Board for Licensing Contractors
Employee Misclassification Advisory Task Force